This page outlines our general contest and sweepstakes rules.
1) Whereas, user wishes to participate in a contest or sweepstakes offered by Third River Marketing, LLC, dba Whir•Local Neighborhoods (herein called “Third River”, “WhirLocal”, or “Company”).
2) Whereas, there is no purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does NOT increase the chances of winning.
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by submitting their name and email into official contest entry forms promoted on Third River websites.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of Third River (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Employees of Third River will select a winner of any contest based on a software-based, weighted-draw method, unless otherwise specified in a specific contest.
4. PRIZES: Winners will receive prizes designated per contest, with a maximum value of less than $500.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant Third River a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant Third River the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
b. Third River is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
c. Winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Third River . Third River reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to Third River and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won, and to inform you about special offers from Third River and our trusted partners.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Third River in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Third River is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Third River may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Third River from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
1. Eligibility: The sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of Third River (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Third River as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on the designated start date, time, and time zone of the Sweepstakes and ending on the end date, time, and time zone of the sweepstakes. All online entries must be received by the end date and time of the Sweepstakes .
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at the Sweepstakes URL. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Third River. You may enter only once unless otherwise indicated in the rules of the Sweepstakes. You must provide the information requested. You may not attempt to circumvent the rules by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices to create additional entries. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Third River.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive the designated Sweepstakes prize. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Third River. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Third River discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Third River to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Employees of Third River will select a winner of any contest based on a software-based, weighted-draw method, unless otherwise specified in a specific contest. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Third River shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Third River’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE Sweepstakes , AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Third River, anyone acting on behalf of Third River , and Third River’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes , and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Third River. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Third River from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Third River may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Third River reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Third River’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Third River may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Third River. Third River reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Third River has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Third River reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Third River and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Third River Marketing, LLC, dba WhirLocal Neighborhoods, PO Box 5382, Salem, OR 97304, United States. Individual Sweepstakes may also have a co-sponsor. If so, they will be clearly identified.
15. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Sweepstakes hosted by Third River is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
16. By participating in the contest, You, the Contestant, agree to be bound by all of the Official Rules.